Your online capabilities are more important than ever.
Dear clients, potential clients and visitors,
The spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) is obviously on all our minds and in the news. I’d like to reassure you that Harness Media has been monitoring this situation closely to ensure we can meet the ongoing needs of our clients. As a company with operations across the United States, Canada and Australia, with a physical office located in Salem, Oregon, we’re prepared to assist you through this time.
- You can always reach us through our online Support page, by email, or by phone.
- We have implemented improved efforts to keep our office environment sanitized. Additionally, our building owner has also implemented strict policies for its employees in regards to cleanliness and keeping themselves and co-workers safe.
- We have developed plans to work from home should the need arise (we already do that sometimes anyway).
- Meetings can be conducted by phone or via online conferencing. We have access to an excellent web conferencing services which allow our virtual meetings to be just as productive as in-person meetings.
- The vast majority of our support for ongoing Website Care services is already conducted via email, support tickets, and phone, so please feel free to continue doing business with us using those methods.
Steps you can take to prevent disruption to your business:
- Log into your email system to ensure that you have white-listed any email originating from harnessweb.com or harnessyourwebsite.com. This will allow any emails from us to be delivered directly to your inbox and avoid important messages from being sent to your junk or spam folder.
- We do not send paper invoices. If you haven’t white-listed our emails as above, please check your spam or junk folder regularly to make sure you aren’t missing important subscription renewal emails.
- Submit a support ticket to us to update your contact information, as well as all authorized users and contacts on your account. This will ensure that we are sending emails or making calls to the right people.
This COVID-19 crisis is demonstrating that online capabilities are more critical than ever — and so is the high level of support you’ve come to expect from us.
The importance of your online footprint
This is no time for sales. But I do want to stress the importance of maintaining your online presence during this time. I’m not just talking about your website — you need to be sure that your customers can still reach you. Many folks don’t want to leave their homes, while others are practicing “social distancing”, so you need to be sure they can contact you by other means.
Now is the time to make sure you regularly check your spam or junk folder, check your voicemails, and ensure that your online contact information is accurate. Be sure to check your website, Facebook page, Google My Business account, and any other online social environments where customers try to reach you.
Here are some helpful resources regarding COVID-19 and how you can protect yourself and others.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has this great landing page with links to more information.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) provides rolling updates on this page so you’ll always have the latest information.
- One of the best things you can do is stay educated. Here is a great course that is very detailed but worth the time to truly understand the definition of a coronavirus, how it spreads and how you can protect yourself and others — specifically in regards to COVID-19.
Please reach out to us if you need any further assistance. We’re happy to help.
Wendell T. Harness
CEO / Web Developer
Harness Media LLC